Friday, November 1, 2013

STA540 Power Amplifier



"The STA540 is a 4-channel, class AB audio amplifier designed for high quality sound applications.The amplifiers have single-ended outputs with integrated short-circuit protection, thermal protection and diagnostic functions."
The STA540 is a 4 x 13 W dual/quad power amplifier which I found cheap,easy to build and provides good audio quality with low power consumption.By going through the data sheet you can design your own amplifier with this IC or you can get DIY kits online(Audio amplifier kit from sparkfun ).Use a big chunky heat sink.

For better audio quality use a pre-amplifier with a tone control.

Supply voltage: 8v...22v single DC

Power Output:

– 2x 38 W into 4 Ω at 18 V, 1 kHz, 10%THD

– 2x 34 W into 8 Ω at 22 V, 1 kHz, 10%THD
– 2x 24 W into 4 Ω at 14.4 V, 1 kHz, 10%THD
– 2x 15 W into 8 Ω at 16 V, 1 kHz, 10%THD
– 4x 13 W into 2 Ω at 15 V, 1 kHz, 10%THD
– 4x 11 W into 4 Ω at 18 V, 1 kHz, 10%THD
– 4x 7 W into 4 Ω at 14.4 V, 1 kHz, 10%THD


Application circuit for 2 channels:

 Application circuit for 4 channels:


Application circuit for 2 channels+bridge drive(can be used for a 2.1 system) :
In my project I used an old PC Power Supply as a casing. I kept the PS cooling fan so there is no need to use a large heat sink.










  









CONS:The multiwatt15 package could be problem if you are using a Veroboard.I had to bend the pins to get them aligned with a PCB.
'Apart from that very good chip.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ST-BY:-Stand By, It can be used to put the chip in stand by mode.
      If you don't need that option just connect ST-BY to Vs.



      Delete
  2. how to use diagnostic feature in this chip? pin no 10. no info/circuit in the datasheet about pin no 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also offer computer repair at our 10,000 square-foot facility in Huaqiang North,China. We keep a large inventory of power supplies so we can check and repair your PC easily. 467pc

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr.Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740 and  his email: 247officedept@gmail.com thank you. 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...